Can we just say, summer 2022 already feels hotter than last year ever did? With that in mind, we hope you enjoy these COLD, fruity, refreshing dishes that will (hopefully) help you hold off the heat. Stay hydrated out there!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry Jell-O™
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 (10-inch) pie crust, prebaked
Line the bottom of the crust with sliced strawberries. Combine cornstarch, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries and refrigerate until set.
Watermelon feta salad
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- Flaky sea salt for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and salt for dressing.
In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion and mint.
Add dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with more mint and flaky sea salt if desired.
No-bake blueberry cheesecake
- 18 graham crackers
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1(8-ounce) cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blueberry pie filling
Crush graham crackers into a fine crumb.
Pour melted butter into graham cracker crumbs. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan; make sure it is firmly packed.
Refrigerate crust while preparing the rest of the cheesecake.
Combine cream cheese, cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until completely creamy and the mixture is stiff. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust and spread until even. Refrigerate at least two hours.
Top with blueberry pie filling and enjoy!