Courtesy PAUL LACOSTE SPORTS
‘Next-Level’ healthy recipes
School isn’t the only thing back in session: So is our friend Paul Lacoste’s 12-week fitness training. But regardless of your workout routine, as Paul likes to say, “You can’t outwork a bad diet.” So here are three healthy recipes from Paul Lacoste Sports. Paul likes to take everything to the “next level,” and these dishes might just help you do that with your diet.
PLS POWER BERRY SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened soy protein powder
Combine ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Drink immediately and enjoy!
PLS CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 small grilled chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Fuji apples, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
Shred grilled chicken into small pieces using your hands. Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. It’s that easy!
PLS CRAB CAKES
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, quartered
Combine all ingredients (except for the olive oil and half the bread crumbs) in a large mixing bowl.
Form mixture into 6 equally sized cakes and coat in the remaining bread crumbs.
Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add cakes to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Garnish with a lemon wedge.