The month of September is filled with an assortment of social gatherings with friends and family. The temperature in September is still considered “summer” to me. Whether you are attending a tailgate picnic, a school function, or just having dinner guests, these cold dips will certainly be enjoyed!
BLT Dip has a classic taste of a real BLT sandwich. Prepare this recipe the day before and serve very cold.
Fruit Salsa is pretty and refreshing. It can be served as a picnic-style appetizer or even for a dressyoccasion. Simply change up the serving pieces.
What is better than a cold chocolate dip that tastes much like a brownie? Brownie Batter Dip can be a dessert, a spread, mixed in with your oatmeal, or even used as a topping for pancakes. Very versatile!
Enjoy cooling off in September with these favorite cool dips!
- 1 /2 cup tomato, chopped very small
- 3 /4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 /2 cup real bacon crumble (like Hormel)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored
In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, grated cheese, bacon bits, and tomato. Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste. Use a spatula to mix together. Set aside for a day ahead in the refrigerator.
To serve, cut out the core of the lettuce head to form a bowl for the dip. Spoon dip into the hollowed out lettuce head. Can garnish with extra bacon crumble or chopped green onion. Place in the center of a serving dish. Serve toasted pita triangles or Frito Scoops around the edge of the dish.
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (squeeze a little lemon juice on apples to retain color)
- 2 kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pint strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Apple Jelly
- Juice from 1 orange
Cut all fruit up into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
Mix two tablespoons of Apple jelly and the juice from the orange.
Stir jelly mixture into the cut up fruit.
Serve with cinnamon pita chips.
Yield: 2 1 /2 cups
BROWNIE BATTER DIP
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 /2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Chocolate chips for garnish
In mixer, whip cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and mix well.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix until smooth.
Add additional powdered sugar or milk if needed for desired consistency.
Garnish with chocolate chips. Serve with pretzels, strawberries, marshmallows, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, or apple slices for dipping.